Monday 18 April 2011

The Kindness of Bloggers

I never fail to be surprised at what a kind bunch bloggers are.  I know Kaelin (The Plaid Scottie) from the original Modern Swappers group on Flickr- now Make Mine Modern, and from Bee (a little bit Japanese) quilting bee.  She said she had bought something thinking of me and I was so nicely surprised to receive this a few days ago.
In my Bee month I had sent Kaelin a scrap of scottie dog fabric in with the block fabrics and in return she had included a bit of giant strawberry print in her block which was very cute.  This parcel was out of the blue for me and so pretty.  Beautiful napkins and the cutest felt mini clothespins.  Kaelin is such a kind person generally and I felt really touched that she had thought of this for me.  Her blog is a lovely mix of humour, fabric and crafty makes- this is a particularly funny post.  
Plus, I returned home today from a trip visiting Damian's family to this little goodie from Amelie's recent giveaway.

I haven't been able to do my usual blog reading so this was a total surpise I didn't know I had won!  Check out this wonderful block she did for the Bee Europa quilt bee
If you are a UK quilter like Amelie and me, how about joining the  Brit Quilt group on Flickr, open to any UK dwelling stitchy quilt makers, you might find a like minded quilter on your doorstop, or just find more online fabric fixated friends.
BRIT QUILT
And a last minute request- I am thinking of getting a Blackberry phone- any recommendations which type?  I would like to be able to blog on it as well as emails, and internet browsing.

sib blog

7 comments:

  1. Kaelin is the best, she is so generous, funny and creative! Those strawberries look delicious, enjoy your goodies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaelin is the best! I'm lucky enough to hang out with her a couple of times a week. Our husbands know that we get into fabric trouble when we are together. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I agree: Kaelin is a treasure -- thoughtful, smart and talented. You BOTH inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kerry,
    You are wonderful...thank you so much for all the kind words and encouragement and support since meeting each other on blogland!
    You enjoy your gifts...you deserve them.
    Amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful kindness seems to be the norm in blogland which never ceases to make me smile. BTW, your blog looks so wonderful. The header is so cool and pretty and funky and fresh and very YOU if I may say so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you! Yes I too have found bloggers to be a very special bunch of people. I love Amelie's Miro block. As for the phone, I have an iphone and I love it. Its very user friendly and I'm a sucker for some of the Word Game apps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to admit, I got a little misty when I was reading this post and the comments people left :) I think my heart just grew 3 sizes like the Grinch, lol! I heart you all too, and enjoy having you as my crafting/fabric buying partners in crime!

    So glad you like the berry themed presents Kerry, and I noticed one of them made an appearance under your most recent cake post - yay! I'm off to bake a cake myself for our Easter dinner tomorrow...yummm!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.