Sunday 12 April 2015

The Three Fs: Family, Fabric and Food

Family, fabric and food.  That's been my last couple weeks away from work and at home for the Easter break.  Fabric for my nephew, a hot water bottle and cover (his request) for his birthday.  He loves blankets, warmth and quilts and he always checks out the fabrics and details.



I've made a few of these covers and they make a lovely gift.  Old fashioned but welcome. 
Food, most of it cooked by my daughter or both of us cooking together.  We made Easter biscuits- recipe here,


Simnel cake, recipe here.


Trips to the beach when weather permitted.


And time with family,  local and up North.  


Back to the old routine tomorrow.
sib blog

4 comments:

  1. Love the hot water bottle covers. Do you have a pattern for them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds pretty perfect to me. I love cooking with my girl. This holiday has been taken up with far too much revision for my liking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a wonderful fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hot water bottle cover. Much better than wrapping a towel around it. Your pictures of the beach are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.