Friday 10 March 2017

Scrappy Project Planner Sew Along: Flirt Quilt

Today I'm joining in with the Fat Quarter Shop's Scrappy Planner Sew Along.  I received one of Lori Holt's Scrappy Project Planner a few months back and it's a mix of project planner, weekly planner with space for you to write your own planning, and it's also an instructional book with a tips/organising section and six full size scrappy quilt pattern at the back.  You can see inside it here, its 1" thick so you get an idea of how full it is!   

I chose to have a go at the Fat Quarter Flirt quilt which is a flexible scrappy quilt pattern which gives the look of randomness but the comfort of some blocks to follow.  it is of course a great scrap buster- Lori is the queen of scraps!  I have lots of feedback and vintage scraps, many are fro friends and are precious small pieces, so I thought I'd use them for this with an eye to a keepsake, fabric memento quilt.


There are six blocks.  Instructions are given for either using fat quarters and efficient economical cutting, or you can just make each block from whatever scraps you have to hand.  It could not be more flexible.   I made five blocks; the sixth had quite a large piece on and I'm looking to use smaller pieces so I going to stick with 1-5.

Flirt #1
Flirt #2
Flirt #3
Flirt#4 
Flirt #5
I'm going to have this as an ongoing quilt, something that I turn to for time to time, especially in between other projects as an easy, low effort sew.  You could easily substitute in extra strips and squares if you want to make blocks fit together differently from the suggested layout and I think its going to make a delightful, vintage hotch potch of prints!
You can see related quilts, sewalongs etc on this hashtag #scrappyprojectplanner and check in with the Jolly Jabber to see other's who have been playing with this block.
SaveSaveSaveSave

2 comments:

  1. This will be a keepsake! I've been quilting my Haystack quilts (pattern by Lori Holt)and seeing all the little fabric pieces just brings so many memories to mind. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Kerry! What a perfect way to use your precious vintage fabric stash...
    I cannot wait to see!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.