Thursday 9 March 2017

Technicolour Scrappy Simple Sampler

This quilt is my second take from the Making a Quilt  10-part series I wrote for The Sewing Directory.  Fiona and Julie ran a Simple Sampler quilt along and I couldn't resist another version.  This is from my scraps with the occasional raid on a half used fat quarter. The binding and backing were from my stash so nothing new was purchased.  My nephew claimed it part way through the process and he happily had it for Christmas. 




Seeing other people make the quilt was such a thrill, looking at the different fabric combinations or block interpretations, the sashing and border choices, such variety!  To create a slightly larger quilt than the original, I used wider sashing and partial seams which creates the log cabin effect around each block - tutorial here.  All the other construction techniques (blocks, binding, basting) can be found here.   Check out #simplesamplerqal on Instagram and take a look at the different versions. 
SaveSaveSaveSave

2 comments:

  1. Loved seeing close-ups of so many of the special fabric pieces! This special quilt is a treasure for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.